Thursday, February 24, 2011

"I GOT!!"

What do I hear? SJS is finally having a Boys Volleyball team after not having one for a few years? Yup, that's right and I'm one of them. Playing volleyball is a passion and what I love to do on my free time. It's been years since I have been on the court and to tell you the truth I am stoked that I'm back. Volleyball is not a complicated sport. Its bump, volley (face pass), and spike. Our Coaches: Coach Tim and Coach Alohi are awesome. They aren't the type that yells or gets mad at every mistake we make, but they are there to help us correct what we have done wrong. The pass few days of practice has been a joy ride. Our whole team is every enthusiastic towards the sport and we put our all into our practices. For many of the boys on the team its their first year playing. But what the heck, we all know the basics, so lets just go out there and have fun. No we are not a team that will be starting off at the top of the list, but we are also not at the bottom. This year due to the height and the will to work hard, we have high chances of making to states. Many of the teams we play are Division I, while we're Division II. Losing to them, if so, won't cause much harm. It will just give us more determination to work harder. Each game will be a learning process for all of us. Also with the help of our managers, the girls who have experience playing volleyball, they are always there for extra motivation and are also very stoked for us. To the whole team i just want to say "lets have fun, but keep our heads in the game. We got this boys!"

No comments:

Post a Comment